The responsibilities of maintaining a career, home and family can seem overwhelming at times, leaving little time to take care of daily and weekly chores like dusting and cleaning up the home. Even the slightest mishap, such as spilling fruit juice on the carpet, can turn into a moment of monumental frustration.
The most important factor in alleviating the stress that comes with fruit juice being spilled on the carpet is to tend to the spill as quickly as possible before the juice can set in the carpet, which can result in a permanent stain. If you’ve ever spilled fruit juice on your carpet, you know how hard it can be to clean up if you don’t act fast. The next time you do, follow these steps to help get that annoying stain out of your beautiful carpets:
- Blot as much of the juice stain as you can with a paper towel. If you don’t have paper towels, use a clean cloth.
- Using a spray bottle, apply lukewarm (not hot) water to the stain.
- Using your paper towels or cloth, blot the juice stain. Do this by applying pressure to the stain, rather than using a circular motion.
- If this doesn’t take the stain out, consider using consider using a mixture of 2/3 water with 1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar solution to help. Spray the area, and use another fresh paper towel or cloth to blot the stain. Repeat this step a few times for increased effectiveness.
- Using another clean paper towel or cloth, find a heavy object (like a book) and place it on the paper towel or cloth. Allow the object to remain on your paper towel or cloth for an hour or more.
- Remove heavy object and cloth. Repeat if necessary.
If you find that you’re not able to get all of the stain out, it may be time to look for a professional carpet cleaning company in Charleston, SC. Our company is proud to have extensive knowledge in a number of areas including stain removal, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning services, and so much more! We have locations in Charleston and Mount Pleasant, SC for your convenience, and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call today to learn more about our carpet cleaning services, or to schedule a free estimate on carpet stain removal.